Thursday, September 06, 2007

*Winter Melon Shoot*

"Girl what's that?" asked my dad.
"Huh What???" I answered.
I then walked one step forward and have a look. Oh!!! MY WINTER MELON.
"It's my winter melon shoot!!" I laughed with joy.
"One month ago, I took these winter melon seeds from mama and threw into this pot na!!!" I added.

Eventually during that time, my mum was preparing winter melon soup. Thus, all those seeds must be taken out before cutting it into pieces. After taking out those winter melon seeds, I took some and planted it. My mum said that they won't be able grow and asked me not to be silly. But, I insisted. Cause in science, I've learnt that most vegetables and fruits grow from seeds. Winter melon grow from seeds too right? So, why can't I grow? I wondered. Whatever.... and I just happily planted them into my flower pot.

I waited and waited and waited day by day. Nothing happened. Not even a single sign of roots coming out. Therefore, I thought they have decomposed in the soil. Well, if thats the case, let them be my fertiliser then. Wahah...Guess what!!! Out of 10 seeds, one manage to germinate. MUaahaha..

Whats next? Durian seed? Rambutan seed? Longan seed? Hehe!!!

However there's a bad news. All my lemon grasses are dead and dried up. Sob!!!

Have a look at my Winter Melon Shoot! Hope it can grow taller and taller and bear winter melon. LoL!!! By the way, I noticed that, the stem and baby shoot are abit hairy. Is is MOULD?? Haha..



Current Groove: A1 - I can't have you

No comments:

Post a Comment