Monday, September 24, 2007

Recently, alot of things had happened. My dad was admitted in Alexandra Hospital on Sat 12 plus am. He fell while walking down the stairs. Infact, he's considered lucky as he knew his way back home from his workplace. When he reached home, I spotted his forehead was bleeding profusely. In my mind, I knew that he must be consuming too much alcohol. What to do, at his age of 60 , still doesn't know how to takecare of himeself. Speechless. He's kinda stubborn also. I asked him to go to hospital as he's bleeding too much but he refused. Ended up, I managed to force him to go. My mom and I then brought to him to Alexandra Emergency via cab. We waited for about 5 minutes for our turn. "Uncle, what happen?" asked the nurse "Oh, I walked down the stairs and I fell down." my dad replied "Uncle, did you drink?" "Ya, abit!" Ya, like real, I said to my mom. "Pls wait outside Room 6 as your dad needs to get his forehead stitch up." said the nurse. We waited patiently outside Room 6 for about half an hour. After that, the nurse pushed my dad to the X-Ray room. We then continued to wait. From then, we waited for another half an hour. "One of you please follow me as Mr Tan need to be admitted for further observation." I was stunned. Isit that serious?? I followed the nurse to the counter for registration. I even told the nurse that I wanted to speak to the doctor in-charge regarding my dad's condition. Well, the doctor said that my dad needs to be admitted as its a normal procedure. Phew!!! Scare me. After all these procedures, my mom and I went home by cab. Well, by the time we reached home it was about 2 plus am. However, we were unable to get ourselves and washed up just like that as we need to clean up the house. Cause there were blood stain everywhere. In the kitchen and bathroom. The next morning, I called up my aunt and told her what had happened. We then met up and visit my dad together. When we reached there, the doctor had already unbandage for my dad. I counted. Woo!! 12 stitches. Now, my dad can act as a pirate with a big scar right on his forehead. Hopefully, this will be able to teach him a good lesson. On 24 Sept, 10.10am. I reached Alexandra Hospital Ward 13 Bed 12. "I'm waiting for you to come as the doctor said I can go home already." my dad exclaimed. "Huh.. Isit?" I asked. "Ya, you can go and ask for the charges now." said my dad. "Uncle, after lunch then go home la" said the nurse. "Ok, Ok la!" My dad discharged at 1.30pm and reached home at 2pm by cab.

No comments:

Post a Comment