Saturday, January 27, 2007

*What shall I do*

When can I officially get out of this building? I wonder. Time passes kinda fast as it's Saturday once again. For this week, I've been through miserable, aimless and blah blah life. In this whole week, I, once again able to see office politics. Well, I guess, I'm counted lucky as I have met two wonderful bosses. What makes me think they are wonderful? In most occasion, if an employee want to resign, the employer will just release him/her without giving counseling and what so ever. Eventually, for my situation, I'm very frank to both of them. I told them that I don't enjoy doing book-keeping. I have tried but it's simply not my cup of tea. I went home miserably and wanted to quit and I even get ready my resignation nicely printed out. Ha!! This shows how I dislike this job scope. One of my bosses, Frances, told me to give myself some time to adapt to it as for now it's too soon. I then told her I simply don't like it. She then asked Jerry, another boss to speak to me. As for Frances, her point of view is that since I don't like a deskbound job, I can do sales. That's the reason why in the first place she offered me to be an adviser. But, I chose to try book-keeping. Nevertheless, I found out that I don't like it. I can't sit in the office for long hours and I tend to get bored and haywire easily. Frances talk to me for an hour plus on Thursday evening about life and how she succeed in life. I did tell her what I like to do, which is tutoring. I enjoyed even though it's tiring. But once, my students get good result I felt contented. Not only that, their parents are happy with it and with the service I provide. She said I'm a high "I" which means I enjoy talking to people and can get along easily, "HUMAN RELATIONSHIP". On another hand, I'm likeable, thus approachable. Unfortunately, I don't have the courage to do it. There's FEAR IN ME. TIMID in the sense I guess. Well, I also got no idea. I'm aimless in my career path. Frankly speaking, I still enjoy giving tuition to kids. It's fun. I love to have fun while working. I can't endure with just purely work without any entertainment as its like committing suicide. After all the chatting on thursday evening, she asked Jerry to talk to me on Sat morning. In her mind, she hopes that if there are changes, I'm still within the company as she likes me. This morning, had a chat with Jerry. Same thing happened again. He said that he and Frances like me thus he wanna groom me. I was speechless cause both of them think that I've the potential to make it unfortunately for myself, I think I can't make it through. Till now, after all the talk, they want me to go home and think about it cause I keep avioding it and don't wanna think about my future career path. I counted myself really damn lucky and I'm not contented. Have two such nice bosses giving me an opportunity to choose what I want to do. No matter what's the outcome, they will still respect my decision. Finished chatting at 2pm, met up with baby for lunch at Tanjong Pagar Plaza Market. Fried Hokieh Noodles (not really that yummy) Wanton Noodles (average) Fried Carrot Cake (Ghim Moh Market is better)

No comments:

Post a Comment