Sunday, April 13, 2008

*Mental Disorder*

After my Thursday lecture, I noticed that I have a couple of disorder. For instance; panic disorder, eating disorder, mood disorder and personality disorder. And moreover, Baby said that once I've started my course, I tend to get angry easily.

On Monday, 7 April 2008. I supposed to have lesson at Tiong Bahru. In my mind, I kept telling myself that the lesson was at 3pm. Therefore, I would have to go off at 2pm. Unfortunately, I remembered the wrong timing. For every Monday, lesson starts at 2.15pm and not 3pm. Whereas, 3pm is for every Wednesday and Friday. I'm totally out of my mind. I then took a cab and it cost me $7.00. Gosh!!!! Even though, I took a cab down, I was still late by 15 minutes. Luckily, my brain did trigger me at the point of time when I was at my house downstairs.

On Friday, 11 April 2008. I supposed to take bus 16 from town to Tiong Bahru. While I was waiting for the bus, I smsed baby. Suddenly, bus '16' came. So I quickly boarded the bus. The bus supposed to turn left at Paterson Road. But it went straight toward Four Seasons Hotel. I was wondering since when did bus '16' change the route. I started to panic. I MUST HAVE TAKEN THE WRONG BUS. I then sms baby and told him that I didn't know what bus did I board.

I quickly alighted at the next bus stop. I turned back at look at the bus immediately. Gosh!!! It's bus 36. Am I too tired and stressed up till I can mistook bus 36 as 16. I then walk back to the same bus stop again. And this time round I got into the RIGHT BUS!!!

What had happened to me?? I kept asking myself. Is my brain functioning well?? Do I really have mental disorder???

Then on Friday night, baby showed me an article on a blog. It stated that:

psychiatrists have double the rate of suicide of the general population. Research published in 2001 revealed that 56% of female psychiatrists have a family history of mental illness, and just over 40% have experienced one themselves - almost twice the rate of other doctors. Undoubtedly as a consequence, psychiatrists have double the rate of suicide of the general population.Psychiatry is certainly a stressful job, but research has also found that there are higher rates of mental disorder in future psychiatrists, suggesting many go into the profession precisely because of their experiences.

Will I be in such a situation after I graduate?? But for sure I know that my hair will become lesser and lesser. I think I need to get myself a wig or some nice fashionable cap?? If not save up some money and prepare to go for hair treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment